The following press conferences will take place during the March Meeting of the American Physical Society, March 5 – 9, at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.
The press conferences will be webcast live for journalists who wish to participate remotely.
Note: All press conference times are in Pacific Standard Time (PST, GMT–8)
Monday, March 5
– 10:00 AM PST, A Cell Sized Machine With The Computing Power Of Voyager, An Engine That Runs On Quantum Measurements, and Puzzles To Test Quantum Computers And Teach Programmers
– 11:00 AM PST, Tiny Robots Fueled By Light, and Exploring Crystal Growth Pathways
– 2:00 PM PST, Making Photovoltaics Flexible, and the Fastest Vortex Ever Recorded
– 3:00 PM PST, Superconducting Black Holes, and Superconductivity Switched With Spin Curents
– 4:00 PM PST, MicroAngelo - A "Hot" New Approach To 3-d Micro And Nanosculpting, and Microfluidic "Treadmills" For Bacteria
Tuesday, March 6
– 9:00 AM PST, An Open Access Superhero Science Journal, Lakota Cosmology Meets Particle Physics, Developing Anti-bias Physics Education, and Garage Physics Undergraduate Makerspace
– 10:00 AM PST, The Many-Person Problem Of Terrorism: How Physics Explains Behavior
– 11:00 AM PST, Microcapsule Strain Sensors For Monitoring Bridges, Roads, And Other Structures
– 2:00 PM PST, Hazards Of Self-driving Cars, and Detonation On A Tabletop
– 3:00 PM PST, Hydrodynamic Ratchets: Microfluidic Pumps Inspired By Insect Breathing
– 3:30 PM PST, Unconventional Superconductivity In Magic-angle Graphene Superlattices *ADDED*
– 4:00 PM PST, Panel: Physics in Hollywood
Wednesday, March 7
– 10:00 AM PST, The Physics Of Wrinkling
– 11:00 AM PST, Moisture Harvesting
– 1:30 PM PST, Subatomic Smackdown *ADDED*
– 3:00 PM PST, Building An Integrative Undergraduate Curriculum
– 4:00 PM PST, A Crackling Noise At Any Scale: From Nanocrystals To Earthquakes And Stars
A few minutes before the webcast begins, please enter your email address below and click the submit button.
By entering your email address below and clicking the submit button, you are registering for this webcast and providing your consent to receive email reminders about the webcast. Your information will be used only for the purpose of allowing you access to the webcast and to send you the email reminders. After registering, if you wish to withdraw your consent and unsubscribe to the webcast and email reminders, click the "Unsubscribe" link below.
If you experience technical difficulties, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.